RHD w124 Hammer in England

Post AMG vehicles spotted online.
kodiak
AMG Scientist
CITY: Rancho Cucamonga
Vehicle/s owned: Euro 500 SEC Lorinser

RHD w124 Hammer in England

Post by kodiak »

Look familiar? Wasn't one of the two known right hand examples in the UK built by the owner or was that one of his SEC's?

http://www.avantgardecars.co.uk/viewcar ... /HAM?emb=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kodiak
AMG Scientist
CITY: Rancho Cucamonga
Vehicle/s owned: Euro 500 SEC Lorinser

Re: RHD w124 Hammer in England

Post by kodiak »

Thatwas a quick trip to the research library since I was standing right in the middle of said virtual library:

http://www.mercedes-amg-classic.com/for ... =48&t=1171
48hp
Site Admin
CITY: Los Angeles
STATE: California
Vehicle/s owned: 500SEC 32V AMG Wide Body Tribute

Post by 48hp »

This is one of two hammers currently on the market. Two others have recently changed hands here in the US. That's a lot hammers considering how few were produced.
Dr.Grillz
AMG Grand Poobah
Vehicle/s owned: 190E AMG; 5-speed + M102 Brabus 2.6
560SEL; AMG* (Euro-spec'd)
280TE AMG ; 4-speed
560SEC

Post by Dr.Grillz »

48hp wrote:This is one of two hammers currently on the market. Two others have recently changed hands here in the US. That's a lot hammers considering how few were produced.
There has been a number of 13 being thrown out… do you have any evidence if that was for 13 US-spec'd Hammers or are these 13 total world-wide? I find it hard to believe if its 13 world-wide considering the amount of different ones showing up online in the US, Europe and Japan.
48hp
Site Admin

Post by 48hp »

Dr.Grillz wrote:
48hp wrote:This is one of two hammers currently on the market. Two others have recently changed hands here in the US. That's a lot hammers considering how few were produced.
There has been a number of 13 being thrown out… do you have any evidence if that was for 13 US-spec'd Hammers or are these 13 total world-wide? I find it hard to believe if its 13 world-wide considering the amount of different ones showing up online in the US, Europe and Japan.
Per Andy Cohen, owner of Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories, 10 were built stateside. No definitive numbers have turned up as to how many were built in Germany and Japan. Two known UK examples exist, this one in OP and the George Harrison example.
Again as far as I remember there were only about 10 U.S. Hammers built and for sure only ONE station wagon. The Hammer’s required so many extensive modifications to accomodate the big engine in the car that only came with a 6 cylinder motor from the factory, that as far as I know there were
NO other cars built with the 4 valve motor by AMG North America because it would not be safe to do so without all of those extensive frame, brake, suspension, rear end, etc. modifications.
The Hammers were basically a 300E body with all W126 components installed to be able to handle the power of the engine and also be able to handle and stop properly.
48hp
Site Admin

Post by 48hp »